What are Lightroom presets?
A fancy word for filters 🙂 Just like popular photo editing apps like Instagram, VSCO and Snapseed, Lightroom presets are custom created filters designed for the use of editing photos within Adobe Lightroom desktop and mobile app.
What do I need to use Lightroom presets?
- A desire to want to make photos pop
- Adobe Lightroom (free or paid subscription)
- Purchasing our preset Adventure Pack
Is Lightroom free?
The desktop version of the Adobe Lightroom app requires a monthly / yearly subscription. The monthly cost for a year subscription is $9.99/month where as the pre-paid, annual plan costs $119.88 (one time payment). Adobe does offer a 7-day free trial if you want to try the desktop photo editing app prior to committing to a monthly or yearly payment plan.
How will I receive Wandering Stus Lightroom presets?
Once you purchase, you’ll receive an email to the email address you provided at checkout. Within the email, you’ll have a download link where you will be able to download our presets via a zip file. Also, each email comes with a how-to guide to help with preset installation.
We highly suggest saving the preset zip file(s) to a cloud-based service so you can reference them later if you ever need to reinstall. If you did not receive an email to your inbox, please check your spam/junk folder for an email from Wandering Stus Shop.
Can I use the same presets for mobile and desktop?
No. The file formats are different and will not work across both devices. Mobile files come as a .dng file, where desktop files will come as a .xmp file. If you would like to use our presets for both mobile and desktop, you will need to purchase the mobile and desktop bundle pack.
PLEASE NOTE: Our Lightroom desktop files will only upload with the new 2018 Lightroom update. Before the 2018 Lightroom update, desktop files were .lrtemplate files. Our desktop presets are .xmp files (not .lrtemplate files) and our desktop preset files will not work if you are using an outdated Lightroom subscription.
How do I install Lightroom presets on my mobile device and desktop?
Upon purchase of our presets, you’ll receive a link to a starter pack. The starter pack will have video tutorials as well as PDF guides to help you with installation on your desktop and mobile devices.
Why didn’t I receive my Wandering Stus preset email?
- If you did not receive an email to your inbox, please check your spam/junk folder for an email from Wandering Stus Shop
- If your confirmation window is still open, make sure the email address you entered at check out is accurate and free of errors. If you’ve made an error in your email, please contact [email protected]
After applying our presets, will you still need to edit your photos further?
Maybe! In some cases, our presets are one-click edits and in others, some additional tweaks may be needed. Similar to Instagram filters, not every preset will work for every photo and some tweaking may be required to achieve the exact look you’re going for. We designed our preset pack to be a great jumping off point to turn your photos from okay to wow!
If you are having issues with downloading our preset files and/or uploading our presets files to you’re mobile device or desktop, please make sure…
- Your mobile and computer operating systems are up to date
- You are following our install instructions
- You are using the latest version of Adobe Lightroom
- Your firewall settings are not rejecting files to be downloaded
- You have enough free storage on your device to download
- You are not trying to use our desktop presets for mobile or vice-versa (desktop presets are are .xmp files and can only be used for desktop and mobile presets are .dng files can only be used for mobile)
- You are unzipping your mobile download before installing. This is the most common error. Mobile presets need to be unzipped prior to uploading into your Lightroom mobile app. Please reference the install instructions you received in your email.
- If you did not receive an email, please check your spam/junk folder for an email from Wandering Stus Shop
If you are still having issues after trying the above, please contact [email protected]
Refund & Return Policy
Unfortunately, we cannot issue returns or refunds as this is a digital product. All sales are final.